2014 | In a Glimpse

Hello!
2014 was a big (ish) year for me on the music front. I started my final year of Music Practitioners Level 3 and began working hard towards my first upcoming album, which I will be releasing the summer of 2015.

I played at a many variety of Brighton venues in 2014, including the Komedia, Latest Music Bar, The Hope and The Gladstone. However, I wish I had given myself more of an opportunity to perform a lot more but due to my big ambitions, I had found myself too stressed and too busy on my many running projects. 

This year that will all change, I am currently focusing on just writing and releasing my album, but I will be doing a whole different post on that subject to let you guys know all about my album. Leading up to and after my album is released I will most likely be putting all of my musical time into performing.


Komedia, Brighton.
Latest Music Bar, Brighton.









The Hope, Brighton.
I worked alongside many talented people, and I also had the opportunity of working within a band concept and then gained the chance to perform live.

I went to some amazing gigs, artists including locally based in Brighton and some not so much. Two bands in particular I saw was firstly 'River Become Ocean' who are personally some good friends of mine and have the kind of sound that make you turn your head and gawp. I love their sound, they are amazing and friendly guys and are definitely worth checking out. 

Secondly, I got to see 'Anavae' a band I have loved and seen twice now and got to meet Becca and Jaimee, the founders of the band who are lovely people and are also definitely worth listening to. Thirdly, thanks to Access to Music having an event during The Great Escape, I got to meet Box of Light and most importantly one of my influences, Helen Anderson.


Box of Light @ The Tube, Brighton.



River Becomes Ocean @ Breakout Festival, Brighton.


































That isn't even half of the amazing stuff that I got up to last year, but here's to looking forward from now on. I can see 2015 being a very productive year for me and my music.